Sunday, May 5, 2013

There is a sense of change
in my soul
a stirring, an uneasiness
I look at the world
and we are not loved
I look within myself
and cannot rise above
I listen as distant thunder
rolls on in
in the places where
reverent silence has always been–

the Christian soliders prepare
for war
as they have so many
times before
and I wait...
uneasy because their tiny
swords  no longer cut but
jolst at best

the enemy remains–
Undressed I walk in mere
girding of my loin
without a chariot without a coin
I stand unarmed, without
man's shield
hoping I withstand
the weapons he wields–

Surely surely I am not
alone.
There must be others
knowing the battle is
not thier own
Come but stand with me
in strong, stilled gait
Yes we'll stand.look
resolve to wait–

There He is our Lord
bring our wonderous
fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment